Election ’06: Secretary of State Follies
- Secretary of State Gigi Dennis refused to investigate alleged GOP campaign finance violations.
- At the urging of GOP lawyers, Dennis issued emergency campaign finance rules that were likely to hurt Democratic candidates.
- The secretary of state’s office delayed compliance with HB 1149, which required disclosure of of lobbyist activities.
- The secretary of state’s office had so-called “technical delays” in making some GOP campaign committee finance reports available online.
- As the top election official in state, Dennis co-chaired a campaign fundraiser for GOP candidate Bob Beauprez.
- The secretary of state’s office took no action when campaign committees submitted financial reports missing tens of thousands of dollars.
- Dennis refused to post unofficial election results, leaving the job solely to the media.
- Dennis didn’t certify election results until the very last moment, more than three weeks after the election.
Like this story? Steal it! Feel free to republish it in part or in full, just please give credit to The Colorado Independent and add a link to the original.
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
The Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (CCDB) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) Paralegal Program are holding a public debate for the candidates seeking the position […]Read More
“The University of Colorado and Boulder police departments sent employees to an Ann Coulter event in California last weekend to help prepare the university for […]Read More