Senator for a Day
Sen. Harry Reid, newly elected as the U.S. Senate Majority Leader, introduced the following 10 bills on the first session of the 110th Congress:
1. Ethics reform, to clean up Congress so the government can get back to serving the American people.
2. Raising the minimum wage, to give millions of American families an opportunity to achieve the American Dream.
3. Medicare Prescription Drug program reform, to save seniors, the disabled, and American taxpayers money.
4. Acting on the 9/11 Commission commendations, to fully secure our ports and borders and ensure that our first responders have the resources they need to keep America safe.
5. Funding stem cell research, to open the promise of life-saving cures and treatments.
6. Energy reform, to address global warming and put America on a path to energy independence.
7. Easing the financial burden of college tuition, to increase accessibility for hardworking students and their families.
8. Strengthening and rebuilding America’s military, to ensure the American people get the real security they deserve.
9. Comprehensive immigration reform, to fix America’s broken immigration system.
10. Pay-as-you-go legislation, so that Congress has to cover its costs just like American families do.
Agree? Disagree? What would you have offered instead?
crossposted from Unbossed
Like this story? Steal it! Feel free to republish it in part or in full, just please give credit to The Colorado Independent and add a link to the original.
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
The Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (CCDB) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) Paralegal Program are holding a public debate for the candidates seeking the position […]Read More
On Wednesday, Denver Post journalists learned the budget ax would fall hard on their newsroom cutting deeper than previous layoffs and splintering roughly a third of their […]Read More