Musgrave and the rogues’ gallery: Where are they now?
Pretty soon they won’t have Rep. Marilyn Musgrave to kick around anymore. Two years ago, Rolling Stone magazine named the now-ousted Colorado congresswoman one of the nation’s 10 Worst Congressmen. Now, while we’re waiting for Musgrave to call Rep.-elect Betsy Markey and concede the race in one of the most closely watched battles of the year, let’s take a look at the other Worst Congressmen of 2006 — and where they are now.
Here’s the Rolling Stone’s Top 10 list of 2006:
2. THE DICTATOR: Rep. James Sensenbrenner Jr., (R-Wisc.), was re-elected this year.
4. THE BRIBE TAKER: Rep. William Jefferson, (D-La.), won his re-election bid in 2008. He is currently accused of bribery, racketeering and other charges as part of an alleged involving payments to family-controlled businesses in return for his help winning contracts, mostly in Western Africa.
6. MR. BIGOTRY: Rep. Tom Tancredo, (R-Colo.), retired this year.
8. THE CONSPIRACY NUT: Rep. Curt Weldon, (R-Pa.)?, was defeated two years ago 56 percent to 44 percent, after the FBI raided his home.
9. BIN LADEN’S BEST FRIEND: Rep. Hal Rogers, (R-Ky.), was re-elected this year.
10. THE CHRISTIAN SOLDIER: Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, (R-Colo.), was ?ousted by a 12-point margin by first-time office seeker Markey.
Like this story? Steal it! Feel free to republish it in part or in full, just please give credit to The Colorado Independent and add a link to the original.
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
The Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (CCDB) and the Community College of Denver (CCD) Paralegal Program are holding a public debate for the candidates seeking the position […]Read More
“Environmentally concerned residents of the San Luis Valley are alarmed over the possibility of new oil and gas wells being developed on or near pristine […]Read More