Know Your Voting Rights
While problems with voting centers continue to plague Denver County, it’s important to know your rights when casting your ballot.
On the state Democratic Party’s website there are general rights each voter should keep in mind.
2. If a voter does not have proper ID when voting, that voter must be offered a provisional ballot.
3. Proper forms of Identification include:
* A valid Colorado Driver’s License;
* A valid ID card issued by the Colorado Dept. of Revenue
* A valid U.S. military ID card with a photograph of the eligible elector?.
4. Any voter still in line at 7:00 p.m. when the polls close will be allowed to vote.
For help contact:
Spanish language Election Protection 888-839-8682
Fair Vote Colorado 303-839-4300 x100
Like this story? Steal it! Feel free to republish it in part or in full, just please give credit to The Colorado Independent and add a link to the original.
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
On April 21st, thousands of Coloradans and a diverse collection of leaders will come together to celebrate Earth Day with the Sierra Club. Together, Coloradans […]Read More
By now you’ve likely heard about The Denver Post’s multi-page editorial broadside at its hedge-fund owner. This week’s newsletter seeks to explain the local and national repercussions of […]Read More